Conversations That Get Results
Your conversations don't feel as though they are working for you:
- You feel as though people just don't "get you" in conversation
- You don't feel listened to
- You feel frustrated
- You wish people would pay attention and not be so difficult
This course, founded on the idea of the conversational mindset, provides you with tools to build on that foundation and support you in having effective and constructive conversations.
Develop your conversational skills. This course will help you to:
- Reduce conflict, anger and frustration
- Feel listened to and understood
- Make choices that allow you to work towards useful outcomes
- Module 1 - Mastering Your Conversational Mindset
- Module 2 - Noticing Your Stories and Opinions
- Module 3 - Understanding How You Listen and How You Speak
- Module 4 - Understanding the Role of Emotions in Conversation
- Module 5 - Bringing it all Together
- Fully online
- Complete at your own pace
- Experiential course that enables participants to apply the content to everyday life
- Regular zoom calls offered with instructor
- Support via a course discussion board
Who will Benefit From This Course?
- Anyone who would like to improve their conversations at home, at work, or anywhere in life
- Managers and leaders
- Those who interact with customers, colleagues and others
Prices are in $AUD
Australian GST is not included in the price.
- You will be able to access this course immediately after your purchase is complete.
- A receipt will be emailed to you.
23 Lessons in Conversations That Get Results:
Welcome to the Course!
Understand how the course is structured and what is expected.
Live Zoom Link Details
Provide details of monthly Zoom calls
Module 1 : Mastering Your Conversational Mindset
Audio Lesson - Conversational Mindset
Brief Overview of Conversational Mindset
Downloadable - Module 1 Course Handouts
Lesson 1 : Noticing How You Approach Conversations
At the end of this lesson, students will understand what a conversational mindset is, and how to use it for effective and useful conversations
Lesson 2 : Using Your Conversational Mindset Effectively
Learn how to shift to a more resourceful conversational mindset
Module 2 : Understanding How You Use Stories and Opinions in Conversation
Audio Lesson - Stories and Opinions
Brief Overview of Stories and Opinions
Downloadable - Module 2 Course Handouts
Lesson 3: Noticing How You Use Stories and Opinions
Understand the difference between facts and opinions
Lesson 4 : Using Your Stories and Opinions Effectively
Understand how opinions and true facts can inform our behaviour in conversation.
Module 3 : Understanding How You Are Listening and Speaking in Conversation
Audio Lesson - Listening and Interpreting
Brief Overview of Listening and Interpreting
Downloadable - Module 3 Course Handouts
Audio Lesson and Poem - My Country by Dorothea Mackellar
Lesson 5 : Noticing How You Listen in Conversation
Understand that listening isn't simply hearing. It is interpreting.
Audio Lesson - Speaking to Concerns
Brief Overview of Speaking to Concerns
Lesson 6 : Noticing How You Speak in Conversation
Understand that how we speak can impact the interpretations of the listener without us even realising
Module 4 : Understanding Your Emotions in Conversation
Audio Lesson - Moods and Emotions
Brief Overview of Moods & Emotions
Downloadable - Module 4 Course Handouts
Lesson 7 : Noticing Your Moods and Emotions
Understand how our moods and emotions can influence our conversations
Lesson 8 : Understanding How Your Moods & Emotions Guide You
Apply our learning of moods and emotions to conversation
Bringing Everything Together
Audio Lesson - Bringing our Learning to Life
Bringing our learning to life
Downloadable - Effective Conversations Checklist